Long-term implant for the treatment of faecal incontinence in adults.
- All parts are implanted subcutaneously
- The positioning of components is patient-specific
- A quick glance shows if the sphincter is closed
- The closing pressure is easily adjustable at any time
Faecal incontinence affects both women and men of all ages and can dramatically impair their quality of life. This may lead to severe mental disorders, which then may result in isolation and depression. In addition, many of the sufferers are elderly people requiring home care, which is made more difficult by the incontinence.
- Easy manual operation gives patients total control of the sphincter function
- Subcutaneous implantation means no body cavities need be opened
- System operation and positioning of parts can be adjusted to suit individual patient requirements
- A quick glance at the activator lying under the skin shows whether the artificial sphincter is open or closed