The Stretta® procedure is a safe and effective treatment option for patients who suffer with Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease (GORD) and wish to consider an alternative to medication or surgery for acid reflux.
The innovative Stretta® system delivers low power, low temperature radiofrequency (RF) energy to the Lower Oesophageal Sphincter (LOS) muscle and gastric cardia, which remodels the tissue, resulting in improvement barrier function and fewer random relaxations that cause GORD symptoms.
More than 40 studies show that Stretta® is safe and effective, with durability of treatment effect up to 10 years.
Stretta® treatment has been widely studied:
- More than 20,000 Stretta® procedures performed
- 40 clinical studies conclude Stretta® safe and effective
- Low complication rate <1% (similar to EGD)
- 93% patient satisfaction after Stretta®
- 4-year follow-up 86% of patients off daily PPIs
- 8-year follow-up 72% of patients off daily PPIs
- 10-year follow-up 64% of patients off PPIs
The new Meta-Analysis of 28 Studies Shows Stretta® Therapy for GORD Consistently and Significantly Improves Outcomes, with the following results:
- Significant improvement in health-related quality of life
- Significant reduction in heartburn symptoms
- The majority of patients off proton pump inhibitors (PPIs)
- Significant healing of erosive oesophagitis
- Significant reduction in oesophageal acid exposure
- Low adverse event rate of <1%
Recently published health economic data demonstrate that treating GORD with Stretta results in significant cost savings to payers, compared to long-term medications or surgery.
The NICE Stretta® Publication, Medtech Innovation Briefing (MIB), recognised the innovative aspects of Stretta® as the only RF energy device for the treatment of Gastric Reflux.